Andy Warner’s restored 1927 REO Flying Cloud car sits in front of the Harvard Historical Society.
The tour kicks off at the Historical Society with an introduction by Society president Denis Wagner. The building was the former Still River Baptist Church.
William Bowles Williard (portrayed by Tim Houlihan of West Boylston) talks about the former tavern at 216 Stil River Road, which then became the parsonage of the Baptist Church. According to the census of 1850 there were 92 Willards living in Harvard/Still River.
William Marshall Fitts Round (Tim Clark) who once lived in Still River and was the author of “Rosecroft;” a book based on his time in the village, speaks to tour-goers. The house he resided in (behind) was originally built as an academy for girls.
Louisa Willard Bateman (Tammy Alfano) points to the house her sister owned and in which she and her husband lived in their first years in Still River in the 19th century. The building is now St. Benedict’s Abbey.
View of the Wachusett Valley from St. Benedict Abbey, one of the stops where tour-goers were invited in to enjoy the view.
Harvard’s oldest fire engine is housed in the Still River fire station.
William Round (Tim Clark) takes a rest on the porch of the Greek Revival house at 222 Still River Road. The house was later called Rosecroft after the title of the novel written by Round when he lived there.
Dianna Chase (Sue Barber) stands in front of the oldest house in Still River Village, which comprised three structures owned by separate owners until she combined them into one dwelling.
Mrs. Abigail Alcott (Ruth Bobzin) talks about her move from Fruitlands to Brick Ends after the failed utopiaest.
Fom left: Preacher Arthur Haskell (Julia Hawes) officates at the wedding of Walter Gardner (Natalie L’Ecuyer) and Louisa May Alcott (Carly James).
Silas B. Haines (Doug Cregar, Harvard Historical Society board member who did extensive research for the tour) tells a group about the old Harrod homestead and the fire of 1883 that claimed its detached blacksmith shop.
Warren Harrod displays pictures of the old blacksmith shop that used to be associated with his ancestral home on Still River Depot Road.
From left: David James, Keith Conant, Denis Wagner, Tim Houlihan and Jack Whelan partake of treats at the Historical Society tour and chowder.
Carlene Phillips dressed as Alma Willard tells the story of the nomadic history of the Still River Post Office.








